The Escape Artist - by McP
This afternoon I put Cal down for a nap, and thought he would go to sleep quickly as we had a busy morning and he ate a big lunch. No luck, as I heard some noise and found him in his baby bed with two plastic swords banging them together. Funny thing was, I could have sworn that those swords were hanging on the closet door knobs when I put him to bed!
I removed them, and checked the bed. Other than the usual suspects, "Little E" the sock monkey, "Monk Monk" the other stuffed monkey, and Looie the Lookout were the only things left in the bed, besides of course the sacred "blankeys," the little pillow that Grandmother made for him, and Mickey Mouse. Was there any room for anything else?
A few minutes later, I hear more noise and came in to find him with two books! I guessed that somehow I had missed them, or that perhaps he had somehow gotten them from the dresser. I took them away and bid him a good afternoon nap.
Just a bit later I heard the swords again, and snuck into the room to find him OUT of the bed gathering up his loot and sticking them through the slats into his bed! When he saw me, he jumped about a foot off the ground, and started to whimper. Like many of the great prison wardens of old, I told him he would be completely forgiven if he would just show me how he was getting in and out of the baby bed! He then performed the following demonstration:
Earlier, Alina and Cal helped me take the recyclables to the dump. It really puts things in perspective when you are explaining it to a child, and Alina was very astute to ask about the landfill being filled up with things that could have easliy been recycled.
I think big brother Mac got the biggest kick out of the video of Cal's demonstration. He told him that he would be happy to hand down his "big boy bed" as he wants to trade up to a bigger one himself.
Until then, I took off the front piece of Cal's baby bed to officially convert it to a "toddler" bed, a/k/a "Big Boy Bed."
Here is a good shot of our three, up in a tree:
Alina, Mac and I went to see "Journey to the Center of the Earth" today at the Rave. Later, Cal joined us and we went to the St. Jude benefit Rodeo down in Woodstation. It was a fun day and a fun night.
- McP



4 Comments:
At least your kids are sleeping...
= )
Once again, Cal demonstrates why we call him the problem solver!
laugh out loud adorable!!!
Hi McP and family!
I don't know if you recall, but we met [McCracken] a couple weeks ago at the local coffee shop in Ringgold during the lunch hour. We are the ones just moving into the area; we adopted our almost 2 year old daughter from China. We had a nice visit there around the table (my parents were with us, my husband had not yet arrived in town) and you shared some stories about your children and family.
We finally have our cable and internet set up, so I was looking at your blog today. What a lovely family and 3 precious children! I also look forward to visiting the website of your adoption agency, as Kazakstan was one of the countries I had been quite interested in when we were first researching international adoption.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing your blog and all the cute family stories.
Blessings,
Jennifer, Eric and Noelle
Our Blog: johnsonfamilyadoption.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
<< Home