Poston's 2006 Kazakhstan Trip

The journey of our family.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Blueberries, Rodeo and Summer Fun

Alina and Mac were invited to Ohatchee, Alabama, to spend some time with their Aunt Katie and Uncle Mike on their blueberry farm! Cal wanted to go, but he would get a nice but shorter visit when I went back to retrieve my berry pickers!

The kids and I launched out on a Friday night and spent the night in Atlanta after their first visit to Dave & Busters. This of course was heaven to Mac. We only spent half an hour with the games, as it was getting late, but hope to go back soon.

The next Saturday morning, we headed West and met Aunt Katie at the Alabama state line. Cal and I then turned around and headed East, to Athens, Georgia! I had lost a camera there and someone actually saw the "lost" ad and answered it! We had a relaxing time, strolling around Athens. Cal loved the decorative bulldogs on the streets, but mostly loved getting out of the car and walking on the railroad tracks on Pulaski Street!





The next morning, we headed back to Alabama to visit with Katie and collect our berry-picking crew. Mac also found a baby turtle and wanted a photo before releasing it back outdoors.







Now it is the middle of July, and we are looking forward to Mac's birthday. Mac, Cal and I went to the toy store just to "look around" and hopefully to get some hints of what Mac liked. I was pleased that he did not go wild with a long list. He took his time and thought out each item on a short wish list.

This evening, Alina, Mac, Cal and I went to see "Space Chimps." Cal is really good at the movies, surprisingly so. He sat quietly in my lap and even looked surprised that other people were there when he heard everyone laugh. This of course was followed by a forced chuckle on his part, to enjoy the full movie experience!

After the movie, we went to the Catoosa County Fire Department Rodeo at the Davis Farm. Alina and Cal donned the traditional Western garb, while Mac went for the very Eastern ninja look.


Alina and Mac loved the rodeo when they first went to it years ago. You can tell from this video what Cal thought of it!


- McP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home