Poston's 2006 Kazakhstan Trip

The journey of our family.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Mac Gets Nettled!

I've heard of the plant "nettle" all of my life, but never encountered it until today, at my cousin Melissa's house in Geneva, Florida. Actually, Mac was the first to encounter it, as it stung his lower left leg. I had to touch it then so that I would understand what kind of discomfort it was causing him, and because he wanted me to! Nasty little plant, it is. I understand it only grows for a short time. Alison pointed out that our girls the goats back home could handle the problem for us!


Other than the nettle, we had a great visit, made longer by some car trouble (read below). We saw their horses, rode a skateboard, and had a nice visit with cousin Melissa and Aunt Peggy.




Other than getting to see family that I hadn't seen in a long while, which was the best part of the day, we had the kind of day that seemed to be telling us: "go home!" First thing, Cal fell on a chair in our hotel room and seems to have chipped a front tooth. Then our car wouldn't start. Disney got AAA out to us, and the guy simply boosted us and said it would recharge itself. When we tried to leave Melissa's house, it was dead again. She called AAA and this time it was diagnosed as a dead battery that would not revive. We found an AutoZone and bought a new battery, and hurried to the much-anticipated Atlanta Braves Spring Practice game against the Detroit Tigers. The problem was, we were exhausted and the morning rain had rendered our "lawn" seats unbearable. We left before the game even started.

We did get a good meal at Chattanooga-based Big River Grille on Disney's Boardwalk. Now everyone is in bed early, in anticipation of our long drive home. It has been a wonderful trip. - McP

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie and Gary said...

I've enjoyed a vicarious Disney vacation thanks to you. Have a safe and easy trip back.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home