Poston's 2006 Kazakhstan Trip

The journey of our family.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Conference Wrap-Up

Today was the next-to-last day of the conference, and tomorrow after lunch Cal and I will load up the car and start our long journey diagonally across Georgia from the Southeast to the Northwest.

It has been great having him here. Today his babysitter played soccer with him and let him climb on the famous low limbs of the ancient oak trees on the property of the Jekyll Island Club. After I got him at lunch, we rode a bicycle to eat at Blackbeard's across the island.



Later, after Cal got his much needed nap, we got in the car and drove out to St. Simons Island. That place brings back so many memories of Alison, Alina, Mac and I when our oldest were Cal's age. We went to the beach and walked a very long walk.







Meanwhile, back home, Alison reports that Alina and Mac had two great soccer games where they both hustled and made big plays for their teams! I miss all of them so much, and even Cal was talking about missing Mama, Nina and Mac today. Of course he also said he missed Chipper, Betty, the goats, Soulja Boy and the outdoor cats as well.

This will be our last dispatch from the Georgia Coast. On Thursday, Alison and I will head to New York to celebrate our tenth anniversary. - McP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home