Poston's 2006 Kazakhstan Trip

The journey of our family.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Salvation from the Skies! - by McP

The FedEx pilot probably didn't realize how precious this box was among the ones in the cargo hold! We got the MOSQUITO NETS today!!! Thank you Val, Nathan and all of you for the quick action and moral support.

As you can imagine I wasted no time in measuring, cutting and duct-taping the nets into place.

Now that the crisis has been somewhat eased, I want to tell you that we were not exaggerating the magnitude of the problem. Here is a picture of Cal today, showing some of the several bites he recieved in the past couple of days just playing in the living room:




Of course, when your children are suffering it is one of the most helpless feelings imaginable! None of the local pharmacies would recommend any repellant to use on chilren under three, and in fact warned me not to apply any of the available topical repellants on the baby. I told Mac and Alina today that I wished I could take all the mosquito bites from the three of them and put them on myself, if there is any room on me for some more.

We are all elated from the arrival and installation of the mosquito nets, and as evidence I offer this short clip of Alison and Cal celebrating our apparent victory over the little pests (click on middle of the video below):



In other news, I took the big kids back to "Wonderland" at the other Ramstore today as a reward for how hard they worked this morning at the coffee shop on their school work. A good time was had by all. - McP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home