Greetings from Kazakhstan! - by McP
Well, it has been something to adjust to the time here. Mac woke me up this morning at 2:00 a.m. local time and said, "Daddy, it's time to get up!" Hopefully, we will all adjust before Friday, when Cal comes into our lives by moving out of the Baby House in Esik and into our Almaty apartment. The apartment is cozy, and in a great location.
My niece Liza is taking care of Alina and Mac while Alison and I take the hour drive to Esik each day to visit Cal. He is a great kid! He is very calm, friendly and very happy to see us each day. I wish we could bring all of these children home to find homes for them.
Esik is an old town at the foot of some of the most beautiful snow-capped mountains I have ever seen, even in pictures.
We had a slight hassle over some issues when we arrived, but since then everything has been great. I can't wait for Friday, as when Cal is with us I can spend more time with Alina and Mac and really show them around this beautiful place. The people here are a beautiful mix of many cultures that mixed along the ancient Silk Road through Central Asia. I see so many children that look like my own!
An old tradition in our family is the gift of sock monkey. Mac and Alina brought their beloved Elmo Jr. and Ellie, all the way back to Kazakhstan, while Cal has fallen for his own, who has been named for him by his older brother and sister "Little E". All were made by their Grandmother Poston. I would suspect with now two trips to Kazakstan, Ellie and Elmo Jr. are probably the world's most well traveled sock monkeys.
McP



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home