Our Kazakhstan Family - by McP

Cal has made his first move toward home, by joining his family here in Almaty! I was not expecting the emotion that I would feel as big sister Alina, big brother Mac and cousin Liza met Cal at the apartment door. Alison and I had spent the day in Esik, feeding Cal his last lunch at the place he has lived since birth, and giving gifts to the caretakers, teacher, doctor and director of the Esik Baby House.
When we were driven back to Almaty and to the apartment, Alina and Mac were watching from the third floor window. Then Liza opened the apartment door to let us in.
Mac immediately became the chief entertainer, Alina the chief caretaker. When I snapped the first photos of my children together for the first time I was almost overcome with the feeling of how right everything felt in the world. But I was not prepared for Alina's reaction to the events. She and Mac were bringing the baby toys to Cal, who was going to bewilderment to amazement to laughter. She walked over to me and said "I'm so happy I am about to cry!" And then she went to Alison and tears of joy came from a six year old! We did not think that it was possible for a child of that age to express such emotion! Of course, I lost it, thinking back six years at Almaty Baby House #3 when a little sickly girl became my daughter. Now she has grown to be this beautiful child who is expressing this sentiment that we did not think possible. Mac also told us he was happy to be a big brother, and has for the last hour and a half refused to leave Cal's side.
We are so happy that Alina and Mac came with us to get Cal, and that Liza made it a realistic possibility.
I will let Alison share the other photos and videos of the first moments the kids met. It is still going on, and at the moment I am writing this Cal is still on the living room floor of our Almaty apartment - amazed at where he has been delivered.
Of course nothing is official yet. We still are officially "visiting" Cal! Court is coming up in a couple of weeks. But things are so much better now. No more required trips to Esik until the day of court. When I related now good life was before, I wasn't even close to how it feels right now! -McP



6 Comments:
That story is so precious and moving. How wonderful for Alina to understand that joy that way and one day understand that is how you felt when she became yours. I love you all and can't wait to see more!
Congratulations!
How exciting for everyone!
Sheila, Jerry, Elizabeth and Grace Ann
Oh Poston family - the whole Leonard family is so happy for you. I think there is no greater joy in life than watching your children love each other. As we know, the love you have for your children is not dependent on how they became your children. We continue to hold you in our prayers. Enjoy your time together!! Love, Ann Leonard
Ok, Ken, you made me cry too. I'm so happy for your sweet family!
-Rebecca
May you continue to share this wonderful feeling that has been bestowed on your family. God works in wonderful ways. A child is one of the most precious gifts that can be given.
The Dekich Family
Hey man just showed Carol the video and read your blog! How cool!
Yeah sometimes the things that make us the most happy are within arms reach. Hug everyone and let us know when and where your comming back from. We love you guys and stay safe.
Rusty, Carol, Liam and Lira Lingerfelt!
Post a Comment
<< Home