Baby Update

Cal's doing great. Slept all night and now he's down for his 2nd nap of the day. I think having a full tummy and lots of stimulating play is wearing him out.
Ken, Liza and the kids have gone out and about. They weren't sure exactly where they were going to go. The kids took their cameras to take some pictures. They've been doing great with their school work. Today they will take the day off. Cal and I decided to stay home since it is raining and a little cooler than it has been. We may get out strolling later in the day.
Cal seems to be right on target for his age. There are just small things I can tell we need to work on. He has never held his own bottle or cup. He stared a holthrough me when I ate lunch today. I honestly don't think he's ever seen an adult eat. I helped him hold his sippy cup and worked with him holding it up to drink. I think with a little time he'll be able to do this no problem. He's able to pick up the small snacks I brought (sort of like cheerios)and eventually get them in his mouth. Seems to love this activity!!! He's cruising the furniture really well. I won't be surprised if he's really close to walking by the time we get home.
He's got such a sweet personality. He's also not afraid to really pout or let us know when he's not happy.
It was so nice to not have to load up for 3 hours worth of car rides today. Very relaxing. Plus I don't think Ken or I had lunch one day last week. We learned after the first day to take a granola bar or something. It was almost strange to sit down and eat an actual meal today. Plus it was great entertainment for Cal. Bringing the inflatable booster seat was the best thing we did. It is a lifesaver. I can pull him right up to the table.
Liza and I figured out how to light the gas oven today. That will open up lots of dining opportunities. I made some fabulous cheese toast! Going out to eat is always a risk...for example:
The other night we went to a place around the corner. Liza ordered "Broccoli in pastry" - when it arrived at the table it was deep fried broccoli. We called it broccoli tempura. It was actually pretty tasty. I ordered "potatoes in cheese". When it arrived it was a boiled potato sliced with pickles on top (yes pickles) and then melted cheese poured over - strange yet tasty. The kids got hot dogs. They came out with mustard & mayo on top and a host of strange things on the bun under the hot dog. Once we wiped the hot dog with a napkin and removed the bun they loved it.
Just thought I'd share a few things while I actually have a moment. It's very quiet around here right now. Keep the e-mails coming we love to hear what's going on at home.
Alison



4 Comments:
Allison,you sound so happy. I am happy for all of you caint wait to see you all. Its 38 degrees here thiis morning and im glad i brou ght my flowers in, because it did frost. Im praying for your safe return keep the pictures coming. love,jan
Cal is a beautful little boy. In addition, he is very blessed to have such a loving family to come into. We have prayed for all of you and hope that all continues to go well. We hope to see you soon. Love.. Venessa
beautiful pic of the family. glad ya'll are enjoying Cal and each other. We miss you, and have fun!
Alison and Ken, we are excited for you to be adding Cal to your wonderful family. We are enjoying seeing the pictures of Cal, Alina and Mac, and reading about your adventures. We hope your experiences will continue to go as well as they have been. We look forward to more pictures and stories.
Nancy and Randall.
Post a Comment
<< Home