Poston's 2006 Kazakhstan Trip

The journey of our family.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Just some pics of the city.







This first picture is the view outside our facilitators office. I think we took this the morning after we arrived. The mountains are visible from most view points around the ciy.

I took the second picture as we took a walk around our neighborhood. There are some really pretty streets. This is a good indication of how it looks in the area around our apartment.

Mac and Alina took advantage of the little playground right outside our apartment building. This activity has to be closely monitored. You remember how you tried to slam the person on the opposite side of the see-saw into the ground by pushing up as hard as you can when it's your time to go up. Well this is still the case. This and the desire to jump of and see the other crash to the ground. So they only see-saw a couple of times and then I have to make them get off.

The last picture is the theater where Alina, Liza and I attended the opera the other night. It is a beautiful place with a large fountain in front. There are fountains all over the city. I noticed yesterday while out walking how many parks there are. Almost all of these parks have a little fountain. There are always many mothers with their small children visiting in the parks.

Cal and I decided to hang out in the apartment today while the rest of the folks went out to get some much needed fresh air and exercise. He's such a content little guy when we have our time like this. He needs a little break too from the constant buzz that is Mac and Alina.

I'm exposing Cal to lots of Disney music today. He loves it. It's funny how he stares around the room trying to figure out where the sounds are coming from.

I guess it's lunch time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home