Poston's 2006 Kazakhstan Trip

The journey of our family.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

All about Cal - by McP





I realize that in all the updates that I have written there has not been much said about the little guy who is the reason for six weeks in the Central Asian Republic of Kazakhstan, Cal!

First let me say that we have been so pleased with the reception he has received from his big sister and big brother. He is totally fascinated with them, and I think it has made his transition from the Baby House in Esik to the Poston House in Almaty so smooth. They dote on him, pick up things that are too small and in his reach, and generally watch out for him.

Cal loves to be held. I figure he did not get enough of that before we came, but he can be very demanding about it so we are trying to make him feel secure without having to be held all the time. Mac and Alina help a lot in that regard, playing on the floor with him but not always making it about him. He is always curious as to what they are up to.

There is an old traditional baby game that I know my mother did a version of, where you touch the baby's face starting at the forehead, eye, nose, lip, chin and then tickle on the neck. Cal really gets into this! He laughs out loud in anticipation of the end. I can't wait for him to get this treatment from one of the masters, his Grandmother Poston. I'm sure Nonnie Vaughn has some fun stuff in store for him as well, not to mention all the aunts and uncles and cousins. What a family this kid is going to be blessed with!

Here are a few images of Cal and I think you can tell from his expression that he is a very happy young man. - McP

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cal looks absolutely happy & content with his family. I had wondered how he would do with making the transition, but as the saying goes "a picture is worth a thousand words" - and these are just great!!!
Tammy

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so releived to see that he knows how to smile. :)

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone commented on how much Mac's and Cal's noses look alike? The profile picture really shows that. It's exciting to see the kids all looking so excited and happy. Does Cal make any sounds for Mama yet? We heard him say Dada the other day.

Love,
Faye

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! He is SO VERY cute with that great big smile!! I know he must be so intrigued with Mac and Alina. Can't wait till you all get home!

The Whitesides

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Happy is Calvin! What a delightful smile!

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously, he is already aware of just how lucky he is. The welcome into the family and his knowledge of it is all over his face. Very nice! He looks like a fun kid!

Ron and Cindy

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home