Poston's 2006 Kazakhstan Trip

The journey of our family.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Slightly Frustrated!



After reading the latest posts on our adoption agency's list server I'm slightly frustrated. Seems there are QUITE a few families waiting for referrals. Most of them a good bit ahead of us in the process. You can feel the frustration coming out in all of them. As frustrated as I feel this morning I'm also so thankful that I can look over in my kitchen and see my two healthy, happy wonderful children enjoying their breakfast! Most of the families that have posted are still waiting for their first child. Some even joke that they have pulled their empty highchair up to the table and talk to their "phantom" baby. Deep down I know the waiting is harder for families that don't have the distraction of the endless laughter, countless hugs, tears to console, swim lessons, school pick-up and bedtime stories.

OK, I started this post frustrated but have once again realized how totally lucky we are so I'll shut up now :-)

Will keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison, that's a great ending to your frustrating start for the post. I'm glad you can see the positives while you wait! But, I do feel the frustration for you and know that anxiety is inevitable--when we're all waiting for something wonderful to happen--without any real timetable in sight. Hang in there and continue to enjoy this special time when you and Ken can focus on these two dolls instead of the soon-to-be threesome.

That's a gorgeous picture (with Britanny in the background)!

Nonnie

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home